Friday, September 7, 2012

Welcome

Hello, and welcome to Repair Shop Racket, the blog written by an insider in the auto repair business.  

This blog will be a mixed-bag of venting and things which you, the consumer, should look out for when having your vehicle serviced.  I will also occasionally explain things about our industry that may help you understand how your repair facility operates its business.  While I work at a dealership that will never be named, this does not mean the things blogged about happen at all dealerships.  In fact, I would say that a majority of repair shops in dealerships are very honest and fair.

Who am I?

I have been in this industry for over 10 years.  I was factory trained as a technician after I completed High School.  I worked as a technician for a few years and have worked in other capacities in the dealership setting ever since.

Why did I decide to write this blog?

I need a place to vent.  I am an honest individual, but I am forced to do dishonest things to support my family.  I have become increasingly disappointed with the direction the company for which I work is heading.  I thought if I created this blog I could vent for myself and inform the American consumer. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm terribly interested in what you have to say!! Thanks so much for your upcoming information and stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am disgustedly familiar with the unnamed place and, although I left there years ago, I can vouch for all you have to say about the unnamed place. It is difficult to understand how such operations fail to see the need to offer the consumer value and gain the trust of the customer. But they have no interest in long term relationships with anyone, just get as much out of their pockets today as you are able. If they come back hit 'em harder the next time. If they don't, who cares, someone else will take their place... hopefully not you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would recommend using a search engine like google and ask them for the parts numbers to verify the list price of the parts.

    ReplyDelete